Thursday, May 7, 2009

What do you do with your damaged hose?

What to do with old hose with a run? Ehow.com has several uses, one of them is to make a Frisbee. http://www.ehow.com/how_4479177_frisbee-out-recycled-pantyhose.html

I'm just not that "crafty". I did read some where, that if you have a leg with a run, cut that leg off. Take another pair with a run in the opposite leg, and cut that leg off. Then, pull on both pairs, so that you have two good legs. I tried it with some old Comfilon 549's, and it does work, but all I did was try it. I didn't wear them for an extended period of time. I have also tried cutting off say the foot portion, if it was damaged, and then wearing a knee high of the same brand/color. I wasn't too impressed with that, and it would look kinda weird. I have also tried just cutting off the foot portion if the foot was damaged, and wearing regular socks. this didn't work, because the hose would roll up. does anyone else have any good tips or ideas for damaged hose?

1 comment:

Hosiery Advocate said...

I read the article only right now.

That's pretty cool.