Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shout out to female readers

Do we have any female readers? Mrs. PH and I started this blog with hopes of getting some feedback from females, specifically, spouses of men who wear. If this is you, please don't be afraid to contact us by leaving a comment, or emailing us at phbalancedblog@gmail.com

I have had a chance to wear the Cool Trunk tights a couple of more times. The more I wear them, the more I like them. The trunk provides support, as well as giving a "free balling" feeling. It kinda feels like going commando.

I like them so much, I contacted Doyeah to see about buying them in bulk. I was actually thinking of selling them on ebay, but Mrs. PH said it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. I believe that she could be right. I'm still going to look into getting a case of them, and see what the actual price after shipping is. I may throw a couple up on ebay just to see what the market is. There were some Doyeah's for sale on ebay, but the auction went away. The only ones I could find were these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&
item=220375894360

Now that's price gouging!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buying in bulk is the way to go. I'm surprised that more companies don't offer it.

I agree that it wouldn't be worth the effort. I could see a lot of reasons to do it, but those reasons might not be good enough for other people.

PH Balanced Blog said...

What reasons could you see for doing it? I just like the idea of being in the man's pantyhose business. Ma king a little extra cash would be nice too. I know I wouldn't get rich on it, but it would be nice to make enough to pay for my own hose.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the late reply. I keep forgetting that I have to subscribe to each discussion to know when there is a result. Also, sometimes my RSS feed doesn't work.

1 reason might be that you would want to make it easier for Americans to get the hosiery, so you'd sell it between cost & the competition's price. You'd be taking a risk, just to help people out. If nobody buys from you, then it's no big loss, because you could just wear them.

Another reason might be that by having something to sell, you'd be promoting men in hosiery.

I just thought of another reason. Maybe you could buy undyed hosiery, in your favourite style, and then also sell dyes. Customers would choose the hosiery according to style, and then purchase dyes in their favourite colours.

I really wonder how successful that could be.

Maybe the dye would $10/bottle, but be usable for 10 pairs. The hosiery might be $10/pair. For $100, we could afford 9 pairs & 1 bottle, and we'd have a little dye left over.

That's comparable to foottraffic.com & welovecolors.com.

At foottraffic.com, a pair might cost $10.00 plus $5.00 for shipping.

At welovecolors.com, a pair might cost $12.50 plus $5.00 for shipping.

I think that for the dyes, you'd be catering to customers who like to do things themselves, and/or customers who want colours that are rarely purchased.

Hmm, maybe this isn't such a great idea. I bet that most people would be hesitant to buy something like this. 1 thing is for sure: buying undyed hosiery might actually be cheaper, and you'd definitely have to carry less stock.

As long as you'd cover your costs, then you should be okay.

In Canada, you could get discounts for frequent mailings, so maybe you could cut costs that way, in America.

I'm glad to see that you might be getting into this.

--
Sincerely, and with thanks,
Hosiery Advocate