Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Forum isn't taking off


The forum I created the other day is doing what I feared it would, nothing :( Although I find the LAUF forum a good resource, and I learn new things every day from that forum. for instance, yesterday, I learned that Oprah will have a piece on Friday about men's hoisery. Just like last weeks Saturday Night Live, I will be waiting with antici.....pation for it to play. (Does anyone get the reference to a cult movie there?)

Today on LAUF, there was a review of the new brand of Chinese hose for men, Doyeah. I would like to try them, because they are made for men, and have a fly. When I do try them, I'll be sure to post a review here.

As for mens hose with a fly, I scored big a couple of years ago, getting a pair of "Mr. Influential Warm-Ups" A great concept from the 70's They aren't the best, but part of my collection of men's hose. I like to consider myself a collector and connoisseur of fine men's hoisery. The one problem with these, is that thy are one size fits all, which means that they don't fit so well. A great concept for men's hoisery from the pioneers, and I have a pair!

That being said, I think my favorite men's hose are the Comfilon 549's. I'm wearing a pair right now in tan. Of course they have a fly (almost a requirement for me) and are reasonably priced at $13.99 at the Comfilon website. Overall, I think that they are my favorites. I have tried another of Comfilon's hose with a fly, the 677's, and although I think they will wear longer than the 549's, the verdict is still out and a better review will follow. My only complaint with the 549's is that they are much more fragile than say the 849's, which are actually tights.

No comments: